Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ten Things You Need to Bring to College

 
Over the last year I have found a few essential things that really make life easier being a new college student, while still being stylish. All of these things I have bought over the last two semester and have really benefited me in some way. 

1. Comfy Over sized T-Shirts, I live in them they make up half my wardrobe  Have something easy and comfy to slip into to go to class is one less thing I have to worry about. You don't have to wear a sloppy old t-shirt that's three sizes too big, buy a size up so its loose and comfortable without being overbearing. Like this Southern Tide shirt its so cute and its CORAL!

2. A rain jacket, this is something every college student needs no matter what school or what part of the country. When I bought my rain jacket I knew that I would get a lot of use out of it so I got one that would last. The North Face makes a wonderful rain jacket I have no idea what I would do with out mine. Yes I know $100 dollars for a rain jacket seems unreasonable, but trust me when I say it was worth every dollar. It keeps you dry and warm and I never have to worry about it tearing or getting damaged.

3. You cannot go wrong with a pair of Nike running shorts. They are comfortable and cute and are easy to throw on to go anywhere. There are so many options to choose from they come in every color under the moon!

4. A good book bag, having one that will last, stay dry and hold your laptop will save you life. I have the one pictured by Patagonia its one of the best things I have ever purchased. Its completely waterproof it holds my 17.3 inch laptop and all of my books and has a ton of pockets. And since it was originally designed as a hiking bag it was meant to last. It is super cute and everything stays completely dry no matter how hard it's raining. Although it may be a little pricey having a bag that will last all four years and will hold everything you need is completely worth the money!

5. A duffle bag, its not just if you decided to go home for the weekend. But if you go anywhere I have gone home with so many friends and gone on so many roadtrips since I stated school! And bringing a duffle bag with you is definitely easier than one of those bag you get from Victoria Secret. I love my large Vera Bradley duffle! You can find them anywhere but check the styles they are retiring they are usual discounted 30% off or more!

6. A monogram necklace, I adore mine I got it as a graduation present! They go with anything and add a great personal touch to your outfit. Etsy has a great selection of them that range in prices I think mine was 50 which isn't too bad, but I have definitely worn it enough for how much I paid. On a side note a monogrammed ring is another great way to have a timeless piece of jewelry that goes with everything.

7. Tumblers, I take a drink to class with me almost everyday. Its a great way to stay away from the vending machines! Just grab some ice and some water and your ready to go. And even if you don't have a dishwasher in your dorm (like me) they are easy to clean. This Lilly Pulitzer one is adorable I love mine and they are super easy to get monogrammed too!

8. A watch, have a good watch has helped me out tremendously in school. When you can't have your phone or laptop in class its a great way to keep time on a test. And also watches go with everything and they never go out of style! Having a cute watch can dress up an outfit and be super useful for class!

9. Good Shoes, having a wide variety of shoes with you at school is the best! From a nice pair of tennis shoes to heels I promise you will need them. Try to stay away from shoes that hurt your feet and that you never wear. But here are a few types that you will definitely need: -Tennis Shoes (You will be walking a lot no matter where you go to school) -Flip Flops (For those hot days or if your running to target) -Toms (They are easy to slip on and off and my advice stick to a neutral color so they match everything) -Flats (For the days you dress up or go to dinner) - Heels (for rush and for PARTIES!!) -Boots (for the winter, make sure you get a pair that won't fall to pieces, because I guarantee you will wear them a lot).

10. A good pair of sunglasses, they are great for those sunny days walking to class. Also having a pair of crokies will help you not lose them. You can hang them anywhere and keep up with your sunglasses.





No comments:

Post a Comment